Images108 East LafayetteJefferson,
am to 5 pm Mon. - Fri.9 am to
Sat.9 am to 5 pm Sun.
syrup began operation in early spring in 1927. This business originated from a
tool shed and a $5.00 wash pot that was located in Cass County. The syrup was
manufactured and packed into #10 cans. After the proper cooling process, the syrup
was delivered by Thomas Jefferson Blackburn, the founder of Blackburn's Syrup,
in a Model-T Ford to customers in the immediate area. After two years of hard
work, the company moved to its present site in Jefferson, Texas. Due to the addition
of the jam, preserves, and jelly division in 1972, the company has progressed
into a multi-million dollar operation. It has and still remains as one of the
largest, privately owned indepent syrup factories in the world.